HOW DOES TTHE PACE PROGRAM COLLECT AND USE YOUR INFORMATION?
Community Solar Inc. may collect and use your personal information:
- For our everyday business purposes, such as to:
- Respond to your requests for financing;
- Provide your information to third parties that you have authorized;
- Request for and verify your contractor license information from and with the Contractors State License Board (CSLB);
- Facilitate and complete Community Solar Inc. assessment process;
- Facilitate and complete the financing process;
- Respond to your requests to access Community Solar Inc. resources;
- Carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- For our affiliates to market their products and services to you;
- For our affiliates’ everyday business purposes, such as information about your transactions, experiences and creditworthiness;
- For our marketing purposes to present our Website and its contents to you or to provide you with information about products or services that may be of value to you;
- To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide through it;
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it; and/or
- For any other purpose with your consent.
Certain information Community Solar Inc. collects about you may be publicly available via government records, telephone books, and other widely available media (i.e. the Internet).
INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE
Community Solar Inc. collects several types of information from and about users of our Website, including information:
- By which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, social security number or ANY OTHER INFORMATION OUR WEBSITE COLLECTS THAT IS DEFINED AS PERSONAL OR PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION UNDER AN APPLICABLE LAW (“Personal Information”); and/or
- About your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website and usage details.
Community Solar Inc. collects the personal information you provide when:
- You use our planning tools;
- You apply for financing;
- You register with Community Solar Inc.;
- You participate in a promotion or online survey;
- You contact Community Solar Inc. representatives with a question or suggestion;
- You navigate through the Website and such information is collected automatically. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses and information collected through cookies and other tracking technologies; and/or
- Third parties provide such information to us, for example, our business partners or contractors.
When accessing our Website, we may give you the option of submitting general information, for purposes related to providing you with new energy or water efficiency, renewable energy products or financial services that may be of value to you. Certain information must be provided at the time you submit your request for a financial service or product.
INFORMATION COLLECTED FROM OTHER SOURCES
Community Solar Inc. may also collect information about you from the following sources:
- Consumer reporting agencies: We may receive information regarding your credit history and other public information from consumer reporting agencies. We may use this information to process and approve your financing application, to verify your identity, and to offer you products that may be of interest to you.
- Outside sources: We may request and/or receive information regarding you, your property, or your proposed or installed Eligible Products or other products, from others who may or may not have relationships with you, in order to process and approve your financing application. Community Solar Inc. uses this information to verify eligibility for the financing or to verify representations you make in your application or funding request.
When you use our planning tools we collect information including email address, financing you may be considering, interest rate, and financing terms. We use this information to provide you email communications that you may have requested.
CONTACTING COMMUNITY SOLAR INC.
When you contact Community Solar Inc. with a question or suggestion we collect your name, email address, and telephone number. We only use Personal Information we collect for the above mentioned reasons (see How Does Community Solar Inc. Collect and Use Your Information?).
MONITORING AND RECORDING TELEPHONE CALLS
Community Solar Inc. may monitor and/or record telephone calls for security and customer service purposes. Please be aware that by calling Community Solar Inc. you consent to having your phone call monitored and/or recorded.
We use technology to:
- Gather technical information from your Web browser (IP address, operating systems);
- Set persistent cookies on your computer; and
- Use “action tags” or invisible tracking “gifs” on our systems (to collect information about your navigation throughout our Website and/or third party websites and mobile applications).
WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
- By limiting access to your Personal Information to only those authorized parties that have a “need to know” or that you have authorized; and
- As otherwise provided in this policy below.
THIRD PARTY ADVERTISEMENT
Community Solar Inc. does NOT allow third party advertisers to track your browsing activities on our Website for their own purposes. Community Solar Inc. may share your email or other contact information with third party advertising and social media companies to provide you with information regarding Community Solar Inc. products and services which may be of interest to you. If you wish to opt out and not have your information shared with such companies, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call (877) 966-3939.
DOES COMMUNITY SOLAR INC. SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION WITH THIRD PARTIES?
Community Solar Inc. may share your personal information:
- With companies involved in the financing process. Examples: Property valuation companies and credit reporting agencies are a necessary part of our third party affiliates funding approval process. Therefore, we must provide some of your information to these companies in order to process your request for financing. Additionally, because our third party affiliates does not service contractual assessments that secure repayment of funding provided to you (a “Program Assessment”), we will provide your information to a company who provides such services. In addition, Community Solar Inc. may sell bonds secured by your financing and we will need to provide your information to service providers involved in this activity.
- With companies that perform services on our behalf. Examples: We sometimes use service providers to assist us with specific processes or functions such as identity verification, distributing emails, or processing automatic assessment payments that you may have requested as part of your financing. Some of these processes may be performed by a service provider located overseas.
- With companies that install eligible products. Examples: We may share your contact information and publicly available information with companies that are registered with our third party affiliates and offer services and/or products that are eligible for financing provided by our third party affiliates. If you wish to opt out and not have your information shared with such companies, please contact us by email at info@comsolar, or call (877) 966-3939.
- With government entities as authorized by law. Examples: We may share your information with municipalities, counties, joint power authorities and the state for the purposes of reviewing matters related to Community Solar Inc.
- With parties authorized by you. Examples: We may share your information with third party service providers of Community Solar Inc. that you have authorized in order to provide you with products or services that you requested and that may be of value to you. If you wish to opt out and withhold your information from third party providers that you have previously authorized, please contact us by email at email@example.com, or call (877) 966-3939
- As required by law. Examples: We may need to share your information with law enforcement or government agencies in response to a subpoena, state/federal audit or other similar circumstances. Additionally, the law requires that all The PACE Program funding agreements be recorded with the local county recorder’s office. We may also file financing statements and/or fixtures filings related to any loans.
CAN YOU ACCESS YOUR INFORMATION?
In order to access your Personal Information collected or retained by Community Solar Inc., you must send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org, or call (877) 966-3939.
You may view your disclosures, including your application. If you request paper copies of your disclosures when you submit your application, we will send you a paper copy in addition to providing your disclosures electronically.
HOW DOES COMMUNITY SOLAR INC. SAFEGUARD YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
Community Solar Inc. uses a variety of security safeguards to protect your information from loss, misuse, alteration or destruction. For example, you will only be able to access information in your Community Solar Inc. account by submitting the username and password you created during registration. We provide access to your personal information to Community Solar Inc. employees on a “need to know” basis. We also use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology supporting up to 128-bit encryption to prevent unauthorized parties from viewing any Personal Information transmitted to or from The PACE Program during your session.
HOW LONG WILL YOUR INFORMATION BE STORED?
We maintain electronic and hard copy financing application information for funded/closed/withdrawn financing for a period of 7 years in accordance with federal and state laws.
WHO CAN YOU CONTACT FOR PRIVACY RELATED ISSUES?